- MUST BE A DEALER AFFILIATE TO BE ON PREMISES, (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- PROVIDE “OK TO PAY” SLIP TO OFFICE WITHIN ONE HOUR.
- ARBITRATION MUST BE INITIATED WITHIN ONE HOUR.
- ANY VEHICLE $1750 OR LESS SOLD “AS IS”.
- NOT LIABLE FOR VEHICLES LEFT ON PREMISES, VEHICLE ACCIDENTS, OR ARTICLES LEFT IN VEHICLES.
- FOR SAFETY AND INSURANCE REASONS, CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED ON PREMISES.
- AIR CONDITIONING NOT ARBITRABLE ON VEHICLES 10 YEARS AND OLDER.
- VEHICLES MUST BE PAID FOR THE DAY OF SALE OR A LATE FEE MAY BE IMPOSED.
MANDATORY SELLER DISCLOURES
- FRAME OR UNIBODY DAMAGE, ALTERED OR REPAIRED
- TAXI, POLICE, GOVERNMENT VEHICLES
- FLOOD DAMAGE
- MANUFACTURE’S BUYBACK
- LOGO/DECAL MISREPRESENTATION
- NOT ACTUAL MILES (PREVIOUSLY TMU) OR INOPERATIVE ODOMETER
- PREVIOUS CANADIAN VEHICLE
- SALVAGE OR RECONSTRUCTED TITLE (INCLUDING HISTORY)
- INSURANCE, SALVAGE (INCLUDING HISTORY)
- CO, MSO, REPO AFFIDAVIT TITLE (IF REQUIRED BY LAW)
- STATE ISSUED VIN PLATES
- GRAY MARKET VEHICLES
- VEHICLES SOLD WITH NO TITLE (BILL OF SALE ONLY)
- CATALYTIC CONVERTER
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ANNOUNCED (CLARIFICATIONS):
- DIESEL & DIESEL CONVERSIONS
- FRAME DAMAGE MUST BE ANNOUCED IN EVERY OCCASION.
- VEHICLES OVER 100,000 MILES SOLD AS IS UNLESS OTHERWISE ANNOUNCED
- “NO CATALYTIC CONVERTER” MUST STILL BE ANNOUNCED WHEN SOLD AS IS
EXPLANATION OF LIGHTS ON STAND
- GREEN LIGHT “RIDE & DRIVE”
- ANY SINGLE MECHANICAL DEFECT THAT HAS A REPAIR COST OF $500 OR MORE IS ARBITRABLE.
- YELLOW LIGHT “ANNOUNCEMENTS”
- SELLING DEALER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS.
- RED LIGHT “AS IS”
- NOT SUBJECT TO MECHANICAL ARBITRATION — (EXCEPT ODOMETER & CATALYTIC CONVERTER)
- BLUE LIGHT “TITLE ABSENT”
- SELLER/AUCTION NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BUYER EXPENSES DURING THE 21 DAY PERIOD.
- WHITE LIGHT “AUCTION GUARANTEE”
- SELLER GUARANTEES THE LOWER ENGINE (BLOCK, ROD, CRANK); TRANSMISSION: AUTOMATIC, MANUAL – CLUTCH, REAR END, OR FINAL DRIVE; CV JOINT, HUB BEARING, AXLE. NOT ARBITRABLE – ENGINE: LIFTERS, CAM BEARING, OIL LEAKS, OR OIL SMOKE, HEAD, HEAD GASKET. READ END: U JOINTS, WHEEL BEARINGS, GREASE LEAKS, CV BOOTS, FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: BACKLASH, AIR CONDITIONING
MORTON AUTO AUCTION ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR NOR GURANTEES THE ACCURACY OF THE ODOMETER. MORTON AUTO AUCTION ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEFT, LIABILITY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION FORM, INVOICE AND POSTED RULES. BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR VERFYING SERIAL NUMBER, MODEL YEAR, AND MILEAGE READING ON ALL PURCHASES BEFORE LEAVING THE AUCTION. ALL TRANSACTIONS MUST CLEAR THROUGH THE OFFICE, AND BE PAID FOR THROUGH THE OFFICE ALL UNITS PURCHASED MUST BE TEST DRIVEN AND ARBITRATED/PAID FOR WITHIN ONE HOUR. THE AUCTION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE YEAR OF ANY GRAY MARKET /FOREIGH CAR, TRAILER, MOTORHOME, BOAT, BOAT MOTOR, ANTIQUE CAR, DUNE BUGGY, OR MOTORCYCLE, AND ALL SUCH VEHICLES ARE SOLD AS-IS REGARDLESS OF PRICE OR OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS. ALL VEHICLES MUST HAVE A GATE PASS BEFORE LEAVING THE PREMISES. OUTSIDE SALES ARE AS-IS SALES AND NOT SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. ANY TRANSACTION NOT SOLD AT THE AUCTION STAND IS SOLD AS-IS.
THE DECISION OF THE AUCTION MANAGEMENT SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL DISPUTES.
ALL VEHICLES SOLD WITHOUT TITLE AT TIME OF SALE WILL BE CHARGED A HANDLING FEE.
MORTON AUTO AUCTION, INC. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Consignor and Purchaser herby agree to do business according to the rules of the auction. This auction has no knowledge and makes no guarantee as to the correct mileage of this vehicle. Any adjustments or rejections must be made prior to settlement. All units must be paid for on day of purchase. Whenever automobiles either sold or consigned are located upon the premises of Morton Auto Auction, Inc. or under control of same, the owner bears all risk of loss or damage to any such automobile from fire, theft, collision, or any cause whatsoever.
- Each Buyer and Seller authorizes Auction to act as his agent and trustee to purchase, sell, and transport vehicle, transfer ownership thereof and execute any disclosure statements relating thereto. Except for Auction’s own legal negligence or culpability, each Buyer and Seller agrees to indemnify it, hold it harmless and defend it against all claims, loss damage, expense, and attorney fees that it may sustain by reason of acting as his agent and trustee.
- Auction does not provide insurance coverage on vehicle consigned to it for sale, purchase, storage, and related transportation and, except for its own legal negligence, the legal or equitable owner of vehicle agrees to assume all risks of loss, damage, and liability arising from such ownership and shall provide insurance for same.
- Auction does not inspect vehicle consigned to it for sale and, except for its own representations Seller is responsible for representations of description, condition, mileage, and disclosure statement relating to said vehicle. Any such representations which can be verified by inspection shall be in effect only for such reasonable time on the day of sale as may be necessary for such inspection.
- Unless otherwise declared, Seller warrants and represents to Buyer and Auction:
- That vehicle is in safe condition to operate on the public highways and complies with applicable laws, including laws relating to safety, performance, and environmental standards.
- That to the best of his knowledge and information, the description, condition, known defects, mileage and disclosure statements relating to vehicle are accurate and fully disclosed.
- That vehicle has not been used as a taxi or for law enforcement.
- That vehicle has never been in a flood, and is not homemade, modified, rebuilt, or reconstructed.
- That Seller has good title to vehicle, free and clear of all liens or encumbrances, which he will defend against all claims and demands.
- SELLER AGREES THAT WITHIN TWENTY-ONE DAYS AFTER SALE OF VEHICLE, OR SOONER, HE WILL DELIVER TO THE AUCTION, AS AGENT AND TRUSTEE, A GOOD TITLE TO VEHICLE, FREE AND CLEAR OF ALL LIENS OR ENCUMBRANCES, WITH RELATED DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS. BUYER IS CAUTIONED TO NOT SELL OR RECONDITION VEHICLE BEFORE TITLE IS IN HIS HANDS AT HIS OWN RISK. UPON THE PASSAGE OF 21 DAYS IF AUCTION DETERMINES THAT A TITLE IS UNOBTAINABLE BUYER IS REQUIRED TO RETURN VEHICLE. IF BUYER DECIDES TO RETURN VEHICLE IT IS AT HIS OWN EXPENSE AND MUST BE RETURNED IN SAME CONDITION AS WHEN RUN THRU SALE WITH FEWER THAN 750 MILES OVER THE MILEAGE AT THE TIME OF SALE.
- Amount of the auction company’s liability under its guaranty of title of the vehicle, the subject of this transaction, shall never exceed the sale price of said vehicle in this transaction, and the maximum amount of the auction company’s liability under its said guarantee shall be reduced by deducting from said sale price 2% thereof on the first of each month following the date of this transaction, and all liability of the auction company will expire and terminate on the first day of the forty-eighth month after the date of this transaction.
- Buyer further agrees to honor payment of any check or draft immediately when presented to his bank for payment for any reason whatsoever unless approved by authorized representative of the auction company. Then if approved, buyer is to return said vehicle at his expense to place or purchase.
- Until payment, Buyer shall acquire no title to vehicle purchased or any right to sell or offer same for sale. In case the purchase money check or draft given by the buyer for the described vehicle is returned unpaid, then the buyer agrees to pay all costs incurred in retaking possession thereof and all damages sustained by the seller if the seller shall elect to retake, otherwise, the buyer agrees to pay all costs of collection of said purchase money and all costs of dentine of the described vehicle, including reasonable attorneys fees and the right of exemption is hereby waived as provided in the Constitution and/or laws of the State of Illinois and of any other state in the United States.
- ALL AUCTION TRANSACTIONS ARE SUPERSEDED BY ANY RULES POSTED ON AUCTION PREMISES.
Morton Auto Auction does not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy of data contained in this website. This includes the accuracy of information found in the condition reports and pictures provided. The dealer has the responsibility to inspect the vehicle and bid accordingly.